COVID-19 Update 24 October 2020
The performing arts play an important role for the mental health and social well-being of individuals as well as creating community cohesion and connectedness. As from Saturday October 24th new rules exempt our venues with fixed seating from the 2sqm rule and permit increased capacity of 60% of the seated area. This change also means we no longer have to count staff and performers in our numbers.
- Each venue has a completed COVID Safety Plan.
- Perth Theatre Trust venues are now exempt from the 2sqm rule and can operate at 60% capacity.
- Some spaces may be managed under the 2sqm rule, depending upon the performance and seating configuration.
- Patrons must hold a ticket and food and beverage services are operational.
- Venues will be cleaned on a regular basis including between all performances and rehearsals.
- Patrons are encouraged to follow recommended hygiene protocols. Sanitation stations have been placed around the venues for all to access.
- Performances that involve close or physical contact are allowed.
For more information please visit the Phase 4 exemption FAQBack to news